The inner thighs are a problem zone for fat
accumulation in the body, especially for women. It makes the legs look unsightly and it’s
even harder to lose than that stubborn belly pooch. The best way to lose thigh fat is by
following a healthy diet and practicing the correct exercise regimen. Burpee
Burpees are an excellent fat-burning exercise. They engage every muscle in your body and
are also great for strength-building. Perform them 10-20 times for optimum results.
1. Get into a squat position with your palms flat on the ground.
2. Then kick your feet back and get into a plank position, while keeping your arms extended.
3. Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
4. Then stand up from the squat position. Curtsy lunge
The curtsy lunge targets the inner thighs and helps stabilize hips, thereby improving
your overall posture. 1. Start by standing upright.
2. Now move your left leg behind to the right so that your thighs cross, bending both knees
as if you were curtsying. While bending, join your palms together.
3. Repeat the same with your right leg. This completes one rep. Do 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps. Glute kickbacks
As the name suggests, this exercise strengthens your glute muscles. 1. Start by getting down on all fours with
your hands directly under your shoulders. 2. Making sure that your back remains straight
and parallel to the floor, kick your heel up toward the ceiling. Hold this position
for a few seconds and return to the starting position.
3. Repeat with the other leg. Do 10-15 reps on each leg. Frog jumps
As the name suggests, frog jumps are all about jumping like a frog. However, don’t get
misled by their simplicity. This is an extremely effective exercise that engages your quads,
glutes, and hip flexors. To burn off that extra fat that makes your inner thighs look
unattractive, give frog jumping a shot. 1. Start by standing straight with your feet
shoulder width apart. 2. Now squat all the way down to the ground
and place your hands in front of you. 3. Hold this position for a second or 2.
4. Now jump up and forward like a frog does. 5. Upon landing, absorb the energy by bending
your knees and sitting into your hips. Jumping jacks
You can judge the efficacy of this simple exercise by the fact that even the US military
uses it as a warm-up exercise and to stay fit.
1. Start doing jumping jacks by standing straight. 2. During the jump, raise your arms over your
head and jump with your feet spreading away from each other.
Perform it 5 times. Side-lying double leg lifts
This is a variation of the traditional side-lying leg lift where the top leg acts as the resistance
while lifting the bottom leg. The added advantage of this exercise is that it not only targets
the inner thighs but the outer thighs and obliques as well.
1. Lie straight on one side of the body. Rest your head and neck on your bottom arm.
2. Keep your toes glued together and pointed away from the body.
3. Now slowly lift both your legs upward as high as possible. The legs should always remain
stacked together. 4. Hold for about 2 seconds before coming
back to the starting position. Perform 1 to 2 sets of 15 reps for each side. Sumo goblet squat
Sumo squats are effective not only for toning your thighs and butt, but they are also great
for getting rid of even the most stubborn belly fat.
1. Start by spreading your feet wider than your shoulders and position your feet at a
45-degree angle. 2. Now perform a 90-degree angle squat while
raising your hands to meet under your chin. 3. Then come halfway up before squatting down
again. You may also hold a weight while doing it
to increase its efficacy. The key to getting the optimum result from
exercising is to stick to a schedule without skipping. Do you religiously stick to your
exercise schedule or occasionally skip it? Let me know down in the comments! If you learned
something new today, then give this video a like, share it with a friend, and here are
some more cool videos to check out from the Bright Side of life!